With hundreds of different TVs available for you to buy online and in-store, it can be a tricky task of finding the one that will suit you and your loved ones needs. We’re sure everyone has experienced a time where we’ve gone into an electronics shop thinking we know what we want to buy but end coming out with nothing apart from confusion.
Well listen up! There’s no need to be confused anymore because we’re going to be sharing with you the 7 best 65-inch 4k smart TVs and telling you everything you want to know about them, from their features to picture quality and brightness to resolution, by the end of this article, you should go away knowing which one is right for you.
But before we have a look at the 7 best 65-inch 4k smart TVs, let’s have a look at what a 4k TV actually is.
What Does 4k Mean?
4k gives viewers a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels which is four times more pixels than a standard HD TV. Having a higher resolution in your TV means a clearer, sharper and crisper picture quality.
Whether you’re a movie fanatic, TV series serial watcher or just interested in keeping up with the daily news, there’s no denying that watching these programmes in ultra HD is way better than the bog-standard resolution and that’s essentially what 4k is!
What Is a Smart TV?
A smart TV is a television that connects to the internet, making it quick and easy for you when you want to stream your favourite programmes or even browse the web for something. Most smart TVs come fully loaded with your favourite streaming platforms, some of which include:
- Amazon Prime Video
- BBC iPlayer
So, now you know what a 4k smart TV is, let’s have a look at the 7 best 65-inch 4k smart TVs the tech world has to offer you.
Samsung UE65TU7100 (2020):
Samsung have created this smart TV with you in mind. The affordable 65-inch TV has a slim design meaning you won’t have to see any more of the dreaded cables getting caught up with each other behind your coffee table in your living room. You’ll also be able to take in the stunning 4k resolution at every angle and experience crystal clear quality with its sharp contrast and brightness.
This TV also offers a wide range of entertainment via Samsung’s smart platform, making this TV a good choice if you and your family can’t come to an agreement of what to watch.
Samsung’s smart platform comes fully equipped with streaming channels such as Netflix, Apple TV, BT Sport and NOW TV, plus many more! To make things even more exciting, the smart platform is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and Bixby devices, meaning if you can’t find your remote, you can just ask your smart device to play your favourite programme!
So, now you know more about this smart TV, let’s have a look at what else it has to offer shall we?
Samsung UE65TU7100 (2020) Features:
- Sound quality: As this TV offers crystal clear vision, why settle for anything less with the sound quality? The Samsung UE65TU7100 (2020) has an adaptable sound system which adapts to the type of programme that you’re watching, making it perfect for when you’re watching the live final of Britain’s Got Talent or your favourite Disney musical.
- One remote control: Gone are the days having multiple remotes to use for you TV and other devices! With this TV, Samsung offers you every channel but in just one remote, making things a little easier for you, you’re able to relax knowing you’ve not misplaced the other two remote controls. And if you lose this remote control, you won’t have to worry as you can control the TV with voice control via a smart device.
- HDR powered: This TV comes powered with HDR (High Dynamic Range) meaning from the moment that you switch your smart TV on, you’ll uncover all of Samsung’s finer details in the scenes that you’re enjoying most, including dark and bright scenes, watching Planet Earth never looked so good!
Pros and Cons of Samsung UE65TU7100 (2020)
- Voice control your TV using Alexa, Google Assistant or Bixby
- Affordable price for what it has to offer
- Sound adapts to the programme you’re watching
- Not many HDMI inputs
- Customers have reported that the TV legs look cheap
- No PVR (Personal Video Recorder)
The 65-inch 4k TV by Philips 65PUS7304/12 really is one smart TV! With the built in P5 Perfect Picture Engine and HDR 10+, It’s no wonder that this TV has a fantastic picture quality! The slim TV design makes it easy to place, either with brackets on your wall or perfectly on a TV unit.
The TV comes in a bright silver colour, making it unique to the other TV’s out there, which usually come in black or white. If screen colour is important to you then you’re in for a treat with this TV! It has a three-sided ambilight meaning that each viewing experience is immersive and atmospheric. The ambilight creates different light effects around the TV which corresponds around the programme that the viewer(s) is/are watching – clever, right?
Do you want to know more about this TV? Let’s take a look at what features the Philips 65PUS7304/12 has instore!
Philips 65PUS7304/12 Features:
- Sound quality: With a big TV you want a sound that’s going to fit with it too and it doesn’t get much better than this. The Philips 65PUS7304/12 comes fully equipped with a Dolby Atmos sound system built in to your TV, so once you switch on, flick through the channels and find your favourite movie to watch, you’ll feel as though you’re at the cinema instead of in the comfort of your own home, just add popcorn!
- Picture quality: Just like the sound quality being fully equipped by Dolby, so is the picture quality! Dolby vision really does bring your screen to life so much, it’s like stepping into the actual TV. Dolby vision guarantees to bring your viewing experiences to new levels, creating a crisp, sharp cinematic image to your screen. As well as having the Dolby vision, you also get 4k UHD resolution, P5 Perfect Picture Engine and HDR 10+! Could this be the best 65-inch smart TV ever?
- Android TV: This TV has Android TV built in which means you can watch all your favourite things whenever you want to including: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube and many more! If you have an Amazon Alexa device such as an Echo or Echo Dot, you’re able to link it up to your TV and use voice control, this also works with Google Assistant too, just make sure you’ve got a good Wi Fi connection to enable you to use voice control.
Pros and Cons of Philips 65PUS7304/12:
- Cinematic audio and sound
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Four HDMI ports
- ITV Hub, ALL 4 and MY5 apps unavailable
- Some customers have reported issues with the remote not working
- Wi FI can sometimes drop out of the TV
At an affordable price and class A+ for energy, this table mount Hisense 65AE7000FTUK is perfect for you if you don’t want all of the features that the other TVs come with. Having said that, this TV still comes with a lot of features but just not as fancy as the others.
This TV comes in black and supports Amazon Alexa, meaning you can speak to her and ask her to play your favourite songs, videos or TV programmes. If you’re worried about missing out on your favourite TV shows, you needn’t worry, the Hisense 65AE7000FTUK comes pre loaded with Freeview Play, so you can catch up on your missed shows from the past seven days via BBC iPlayer, Demand 4, All 4, ITV Hub and UKTV Play.
What else can this new TV offer you?
Hisense 65AE7000FTUK Features:
- Variable Feet Position: This may seem like a boring feature that isn’t really a feature, but believe us when we tell you, it is! Hisense have created this TV to adapt around your living room, or wherever you decide to put it to. The variable feet position allows you to adjust the width of the TVs stand for more flexibility. The wider you have the TV, the more room you’ll have to add things underneath, such as a sound bar, games console or DVD player. If you’re placing the TV on a smaller cabinet, then adjusting the legs for narrower angle means no falling TV mishaps will happen later on.
- VIDAA U Smart TV: This feature is pretty simple; Hisense have created their own operating system called VIDAA which allows viewers to access the channels they want super quickly. Simply press the home button on the remote control and all of the smart apps will appear with the touch of a button including Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer and Rakuten.
- Sound Quality: Hisense have used DTS studio sound to create amazing virtual surround sound quality for your TV, which makes watching movies all the more better!
Pros and Cons of Hisense 65AE7000FTUK:
- Access all apps at the touch of a button
- 4k playback
- HDR technology which will enhance your viewing experience
- Some customers reported that apps can freeze
- Wi-Fi can disconnect after you switch the TV on after having it switched off
- Lip sync can be slightly out if using a sound bar
This stylish designed light grey pearl TV comes with four HDMI slots at the back of the TV which is perfect for all you gamers out there. But perhaps the most important thing about this TV is the fact it comes with LG’s award-winning easy to use smart platform LG webOS. Web OS is a multitasking operating system which is used for LG TVs and mobile phones! The operating system allows you to connect your smart TV to Wi-Fi so you can easily stream your favourite content straight you your TV.
You won’t be disappointed with the screen quality either, as this TV removes video noise and creates vivid and vibrant colors, which makes this TV feel like you’re watching your favourite programmes in your local cinema.
Want to find out more about the features? Go on then!
LG 65UN81006LB Features:
- Low input lag: This TV allows gamers to take control of the remote and not have to worry about any glitches just before they’re about to reach the next level. LG’s low input lag promises users no delays when playing their favourite video games, perfect for when you 20 minutes of peace and quiet!
- Sports alert: Want to watch your favourite sports team play in one of the most intense matches of the season but you partner has other ideas about what you’re watching? Well now you can have the best of both worlds! LG’s sport alert tag allows viewers to get real time updates on sports results whilst you’re watching a different programme. The alerts will simply pop up in the corner of the TV.
- Filmmaker mode: Want to bring the cinema to your home? Well now you can, LG have created filmmaker mode which turns off motion smoothing, it really does bring you the full cinematic experience without the expense. Filmmaker mode allows you to watch movies and TV programmes when the mode is on.
Pros and Cons of LG 65UN81006LB:
- Allows you to connect two compatible Bluetooth speakers for an immersive sound experience
- Low input lag – perfect for gamers
- Access shows via voice control
- Doesn’t support BBC iPlayer
- Unless placed in a straight position, viewing angle isn’t very good
- Leg supports made from plastic
So, now we’re halfway through looking at the 7 Best 65-Inch 4k Smart TVs and we hope you’re finding the information useful! We’ve got three more 65-Inch 4k Smart TVs left to show you before we tell you which one we think is the best TV to buy. So, let’s get back to showing you the TVs.
Sony Bravia KD65X70:
The Sony Bravia KD65X70 delivers four times the resolution of a standard HD TV with its amazing 4k HDR resolution. You can experience television in sharp picture quality which gives a realistic picture effect. This TV also comes with Sony’s 4K X Reality Pro which means each pixel is perfectly defined on the screen giving you exceptional picture clarity.
This TV comes with an easy to access button. If you want to get straight on to YouTube or finish off watching that final episode of Modern Family, then this TV lets you do just that with a click of a button! Just click on the YouTube or Netflix button and you’re ready to start watching!
Now you know a bit more about this TV, what features does it have to offer?
Sony Bravia KD65X70 Features:
- Motionflow XR: Motionflow XR is a Sony made system which combines native panel frequency with other techniques which essentially means that any scenes that have a fast pace will be smoothed out by the Motionflow XR so you don’t have to worry about missing any vital scenes in your new favourite TV drama.
- Smart Plug and Play: A clever feature for Sony, with Smart Plug and Play, you’re able to share your favourite videos, pictures and music from your smartphone or USB drive straight on to the big screen! Perfect for when you’re looking back at happy memories with your loved ones.
- Sound quality: This TV comes with ClearAudio+ which automatically fine tunes the sound in your TV, making it a lullaby to your ears. You’ll get to hear music and sounds with more clarity and definition with ClearAudio+.
Pros and Cons of Sony Bravia KD65X70:
- Comes supplied with a cable holder so there’s no need to worry about messy cables
- Design keeps you focused on the screen, not the TV
- Metal TV stand for extra support
- Power cables are short
- Doesn’t support Disney+
- No voice control
One of the cheaper TVs in this list is the Panasonic TX-65GX561B. This TV isn’t as fancy as some of the others, but it definitely still does a great job! It comes fully loaded with Freeview Play meaning you can catch up with programmes on BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, UKTV Play, My 5 and All 4. You can also watch your favourite shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube with a stable Wi-Fi connection.
This TV comes with three HDMI ports which you can use for a sound bar, Blu-ray player and games console as well as two USB ports, sounds good to us!
So, with this in mind, what features can you expect from the Panasonic TX-65GX561B? Let’s find out!
Panasonic TX-65GX561B Features:
- Remote control: The remote control makes it easily accessible to access all of your favourite programmes! The remote has a Netflix and Freeview Play button, so you’re able to watch you on-demand TV at the press of a button!
- Sound quality: This TVs sound system has been designed for you and so that you’ll never miss a single word said ever again! Panasonic have created a feature to make sure that the dialogue has been enhanced for those all-important scenes that you can’t afford not to hear.
- Picture quality: As with every 4k smart TV, you want the picture quality to be as good as it can be and this TV won’t disappoint you. With four times the resolution of a normal TV, you’ll be able to watch TV shows with beautifully clear picture quality.
Pros and Cons of Panasonic TX-65GX561B:
- Easy to stream TV with remote
- Headphone socket
- Good sound quality
- No voice control
- TV can’t come off the mound to go into a bracket on the wall
- Customers have reported lag issues with Netflix
Ferguson 65 Inch Smart 4K LED TV:
And finally, last but by no means least in our 7 best 65-inch smart TVs list is the Ferguson 65 Inch Smart 4K LED TV! Ferguson might be a brand you may not be familiar with, but don’t let that put you off! This TV is one of the cheapest on our list. This TV comes with Freeview HD and is pre-loaded with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube.
This HD widescreen LED TV also has a stunning picture quality from the bright whites to deeper blacks, you’re guaranteed a flawless image on your screen. If that wasn’t enough, this TV also comes with three HDMI and USB slots so that you can plug in your games console or Sky box etc.
Want to know more about this TV? Let’s take a look at what features the Ferguson 65 Inch Smart 4K LED TV has in-store!
Ferguson 65 Inch Smart 4K LED TV Features:
- Smart user interface: This feature allows users to keep all of their favourite apps and channels right in one place with an easy to use smart system.
- USB storage device: If you have a USB handy, you’ll definitely want to slot it into the back of this TV! With the USB connected, you’re able to pause, record and rewind your favourite programmes, even if you’re watching it live.
- Catch up on missed TV: If you’ve missed any of your favourite shows, don’t worry! This TV comes with pre-installed with BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, More 4 and Demand 5.
Pros and Cons of Ferguson 65 Inch Smart 4K LED TV:
- Mountable with bracket
- Three HDMI inputs
- High quality resolution
- Unable to fully browse the web
- Customers have reported slow Wi-Fi connection
- Apps take a while to load
The 7 Best 65 Inch 4k Smart TVs – Which One Is Best?
Now that you’ve read everything you need to know about the 7 Best 65 Inch 4k Smart TVs, you should have a good idea about which TV is suitable for you and your needs. However, if you’re still umming and ahing over which one is best for you then we’re going to tell you which one we think is best overall!
Having had 7 good 65 Inch 4k Smart TVs to choose from, it’s been tough whittling it down to just one, but our favourite is… drumroll please, the LG 65UN81006LB.
This TV is perfect for everyone and we really do mean everyone! Kids, gamers, teens and adults are sure to find something they want to watch on this TV, the only problem is trying to get hold of the remote first!
The LG 65UN81006LB comes with a lot of great features which is probably why this TV is one of the most expensive TVs on our list. This is a TV that comes packed with everything though so it’s a worthwhile investment that’s sure to keep everybody happy!
So, now you know which TV came out on top, read on to find out our verdict on the other TVs!
The 7 Best 65 Inch 4k Smart TVs – The Final Verdict:
Finally, to finish, here’s a quick final run through of what we thought about the other TVs:
Samsung UE65TU7100 (2020): Great priced TV with crystal clear vision and adaptable sound. The downsides to this TV are that there’s not many HDMI ports so you’re unable to have multiple device in whilst you’re watching the TV – e.g. Blu-ray, sound bar games consoles etc.
Philips 65PUS7304/12: One of the more expensive TVs but a good price for what it offers, especially the Dolby Atmos sound system and the Dolby vision. The least good thing about this TV is that the wi-fi connection drops easily, which isn’t good when you want to finish your favourite programme!
Hisense 65AE7000FTUK: We like how this TV has created their own operating system which makes finding all of your apps so much easier! Hisense have also thought about how customers will be placing this TV with its variable feet position. The downsides to this TV are that the lip sync can be out slightly when a sound bar is connected.
|Samsung TU7100||Samsung||View on Amazon|
|Philips 65PUS7304/12||Philips||View on Amazon|
|Hisense 65AE7000FTUK||Hisense||View on Amazon|
|LG 65UN81006LB||LG||View on Amazon|
|Sony Bravia KD65X70||Sony||View on Amazon|
|Panasonic TX-65GX561B||Panasonic||View on Amazon|
|Ferguson 65 Inch Smart 4K LED TV||Ferguson||View on Amazon|
Sony Bravia KD65X70: This TV comes in at the most expensive on our list, however, we like how it’s supplied with a cable holder so there’s no need to worry about messy cables. It also comes with metal stand which gives it extra support unlike some of the others in the list. The downsides? You’ll have to cope without Disney+ and voice control.
Panasonic TX-65GX561B: This TV has a Great sound system and we like how you have the ease of just one remote which contains the Netflix and Freeview Play button. The downsides to this TV are that there’s no voice control and Netflix can be laggy.
Ferguson 65 Inch Smart 4K LED TV: We like how this TV has lots of USB ports so you can put in whatever you desire! This TV also comes with great picture quality! The downsides to this TV are that you can’t browse the web fully and the Wi-Fi sometimes cuts out.
We hope this article has been useful for you in helping to understand more about 65-inch 4k smart TVs. If you’ve enjoyed reading this article then please follow us on Facebook for more Digi Helpdesk news.