Due to Sky making premier league football free-to-air in 2020, Freeview channel 11, Pick TV, is now the place to be.
Freeview provides TV access to millions of households across the UK. And while the more basic channels of BBC, ITV and Channel 4 are expected with Freeview, having access to premier league football changes the game.
With Coronavirus bringing the world to a halt, that meant that the football season was stopped in its tracks, too. Thankfully, as the world begins to open up again, so are sporting events.
It’s not only the football that’s on offer, though. The Pick TV channel offers a variety of entertaining shows including Slasher and Monkey Life.
Here’s everything there is to know about Freeview channel 11, AKA Pick TV.
Freeview channel 11 Pick TV
As of June 18th 2020, Freeview moved the Pick TV channel from channel number 92 to channel number 11.
If you find that you can’t see Pick TV on channel number 11, you may need to retune the system.
It’s very common following changes on the network for certain channels to disappear. So, a simple retune will usually ensure that all the relevant channels are available on your TV.
Pick HD TV channel
In June 2020 some +1 and HD channels were moved or deleted due to a nationwide retune. Pick TV is available to watch in standard definition, however, it doesn’t look as though the channel is available in HD.
Sky, Virgin and Freesat customers can watch the channel in HD: Channel numbers 159, 165 and 147.
Pick TV+1 also isn’t accessible via Freeview, however, Sky and Freesat customers can catch up via channels 259 and 145 respectively. Freeview users can access catch-up content via Freeview Play.
Football on Pick TV
Perhaps viewers are heading over to Pick TV to watch some of the entertaining shows it has to offer such as Merlin or The Good Doctor. Or they may be after the newly added Premier League matches. Kicking off from June 19 2020, as outlined by Freeview, the premier league football fixtures are as follows.
- Friday, June 19: 6 pm – Norwich v Southampton
- Saturday, June 20: 7:45 pm – Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (BBC)
- Sunday, June 21: 2 pm – Newcastle v Sheffield United
- Sunday, June 21: 7 pm – Everton v Liverpool
- Wednesday, June 24: 6 pm – Manchester United v Sheffield United
- Wednesday, June 24: 6 pm – Norwich v Everton (BBC)
- Thursday, June 25: 6 pm – Burnley v Watford
- Sunday, June 28: 4:30 pm – Watford v Southampton
- Tuesday, June 30: 8:15 pm – Brighton v Manchester United
- Wednesday, July 1: 6 pm – Bournemouth v Newcastle
- Saturday, July 4: 3 pm – Leicester vs C Palace
- Sunday, July 5: 12 pm – Burnley vs Sheffield Utd
- Sunday, July 5: 7 pm – Southampton vs Man City (BBC)
- Tuesday, July 7: 6 pm – Watford vs Norwich
- Thursday, July 9: 6 pm – Bournemouth vs Tottenham
- Sunday, July 12:12 pm – Wolves vs Everton
- Sunday, July 12: 7 pm – Bournemouth vs Leicester
- Monday, July 13: 8 pm – Man United vs Southampton
- Wednesday, July 15: 6 pm – Burnley vs Wolves (BBC)
- Wednesday, July 15: 6 pm – Man City vs AFC Bournemouth
- Thursday, July 16: 6 pm – Leicester City vs Sheff Utd
- Saturday, July 18: 5:30 pm – Norwich City vs Burnley
- Monday, July 20: 6 pm – Brighton vs Newcastle United
|SLx TV Signal Booster Aerial Amplifier||SLx||Attaches to the back of the TV, Made with 45dB 45G interference protection, Designed with 1-way or 4-way splitting||View on Amazon|
|One For All Signal Booster/Splitter for TV||One For All||Gains 23dB in signal strength, Runs on a frequency range between 88 and 790Mhz, LED light signals when it’s plugged in||View on Amazon|
|SLx TV Amplifier Four Output||SLx||Reduces 4G mobile network interference, Compatible with digital satellites such as Digi Eye Boost signal (up to 10dB) in poor reception areas||View on Amazon|
|SLx 27822BMR 2-Way TV Aerial Signal Booster||SLx||Increases signal strength by up to 20dB, Includes an IR bypass filter, Compatible with HD TV channels, DAB, and FM radio signal||View on Amazon|
|SLx Signal Booster Aerial Amplifier for TV/Digital||SLx||Increases signal by up to 20dB with low noise, Backed by a 1-year warranty It boosts antenna signal for 1 TV||View on Amazon|
|SLx Signal Booster Aerial Amplifier – 4 outputs||SLx||Improves TV radio reception, Installs in minutes, Mostly useful for large homes||View on Amazon|
|Proception 1 Way Professional Indoor Digital Aerial Signal Booster||Proception||Made for residential use, Made for 1 TV only 12db to 88dB signal gains||View on Amazon|
|Philex Signal Booster||Philex||Connects up to 8 TVs, Improves picture quality and channel reception, Lowers image noise||View on Amazon|