When your Sky Q box keeps losing internet connection it can be frustrating as it means you aren’t able to kick back, relax and watch your favourite shows.
The Sky Q box is a mix of all types of media and content that bridges the gap between new and traditional media putting everything together on one platform for you to enjoy.
There are many reasons why your Sky Q system might keep losing its internet connection from your internet not being strong enough to a malfunction with the box itself.
If you want to watch all your favourites, it’s essential that we find out what is the cause of your problems and how to rectify them.
We’ve put together this guide to help you find the root cause of the issue and fix your internet connection.
Why does my Sky Q box lose internet connection?
As mentioned above, the Sky Q needs a strong, constant internet connection to be able to provide its services.
If your internet isn’t up to scratch then you will be unable to receive the high-quality streams from the box.
You can check your internet speed here to see if it might be that causing the problem.
It could also be an IP address error if you have another device trying to use the same IP as your Sky Q box then it might “kick” the Sky box off the network.
How to fix your Sky Q box internet connectivity
- Turn off your WiFi on the main Sky Q box. You can do this in the engineer’s menu, to access this scroll down to settings – but don’t select it – then enter 1001.
- Create a new wifi network with your router, if you don’t know how to do this then please contact us on 0800 433 7963.
- Turn on the WiFi on your Sky Q box and connect to the new WiFi network.
- In the IP address settings under network advance settings on the Sky Q box manually change the DNS server settings to 220.127.116.11 (that’s the bottom row of numbers.)
- Turn the WiFi back on and reconnect to the main box.
|TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300||View on Amazon|
|NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX2700||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link RE200 AC750||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link TL-WA854RE||View on Amaozn|
Another Sky Q error fixed: Stuck in standby mode
Another common issue people have is their Sky Q box simply won’t turn on or is stuck in standby mode.
You can check for a fault with your Sky Q remote by pressing ? at the top of the remote, if the LED light doesn’t flash there is most likely an issue and you should call us on 0800 433 7963.
Check for ventilation issues with your box, ensure you don’t stack the box on top of other devices, or have the box on carpet or other heat-insulating materials and make sure it is away from heat sources.
Unplug your box at the mains and plug it in again. This should allow everything to reset and the box should work as normal.