The Sky Q box is described as the next generation of TV as it brings all sorts of new content into your living room in 2020.
There has never been a more comprehensive platform that encompasses all types of media and content from traditional TV, to Netflix and Youtube for one monthly subscription fee.
The Sky Q system allows complete viewing freedom. You can rewind, pause, fast forward and record shows like never before.
Sometimes there might be a glitch with your Sky Q box and you may find that your Sky Q box has a mind of its own and unpauses itself at random intervals.
We take a look at this problem and suggest some solutions to get the pause feature working again.
Why is my Sky Q box unpausing itself?
As with many new technologies, there are some teething errors that plague the system and a really common one is that the Sky Q box won’t always stay paused when it’s asked to.
Some of these issues are incredibly complex to fix and you may need a replacement Sky Q box but thankfully the majority, including this error, are fairly straightforward.
A simple reset of some features should fix the issue and allow you to pause programs at will again.
How to fix the unpausing glitch in four easy steps
A settings reset and reboot should sort this annoying glitch out easily. If you’d prefer to speak to a human being about your Sky box issue then don’t hesitate to call our freephone number today – 0800 433 7963.
- Disconnect the power for 30 seconds and then reconnect, waiting for it to set itself up again.
- Enter the hidden menu by navigating to “Home” and then head to “Settings” but do not press “Select.”
- With “Settings” highlighted enter “001” and then press “Select.”
- Only perform the reset once as any further reset will wipe all recordings and series reminders.
Another Sky Q error solved
A common error message that Sky Q customers see is a Hard Disk error such as the following:
- “Hard Disk Error. There is a problem with your Hard Disk Drive”
- “This service is not available because of a problem with your Hard Disk Drive”
- “No Hard Disk. There is a problem with your Hard Disk Drive. To continue with live TV channels only, press Dismiss.
By restarting your Sky Q box, switching it off at the mains and rebooting it, these error messages should be solved on their own.
ARE YOU HAVING ISSUES WITH YOUR DIGITAL DEVICE? CALL DIGI HELPDESK TODAY ON 0800 433 7963.