The need to connect with family, friends or colleagues when we are not able to go out is something we all crave. Using modern technology gives us the ability to do this, through the use of video calling.
There are many options to choose from but there is one app we are all using – Zoom. Zoom is being used for personal and business video conference calls.
It has the ability to hold up to 1000 participants during a single session which is a major factor for people using the app. Chromecast is a screen-casting solution that allows smaller devices (mobile/laptop) to display on larger devices (Smart TV screens).
This is how to cast a Zoom meeting using Chromecast in a few simple steps.
Does Zoom work on a Smart TV?
Firstly, it is good to know that Zoom is available on Andriod, iOS and PC.
Holding your phone while doing long a conference call can be challenging. Thankfully, having the option to cast to your TV comes as a relief.
Zoom will work on a Smart TV that has an HDMI port for Chromecast or a Chromecast built-in TV.
Want to cast a Zoom meeting to Chromecast? Here’s how to!
Make sure your TV has an HDMI port – then follow these steps:
- Turn on your Chromecast device and plug it into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Check the casting device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
If you are using an Andriod SmartPhone:
- Turn the Screen Cast icon on your phone to ON (Highlighted).
- The Chromecast device should show on your list of options to connect to, Select to connect.
- Your phone screen should now display on your TV.
- Open up the Zoom app on your phone and make a call.
If you are using a PC:
- After opening your Chrome web-browser on your PC – locate the three dots in the top right-hand corner and Select.
- Within the drop-down list select the Cast option.
- You will see your Chromecast device listed, select it, then click the Sources drop-down and select Cast to desktop.
- A pop-up window will appear, choose to screencast and click Share. During the casting process make sure to not close your Chrome web-browser.
- Open the Zoom app on your PC and make a call.
How to cast zoom meeting to TV from iPad
Whether you are using an iPad or an iPhone to cast to your TV, follow these steps:
- Download and install a third-party app called Streamer for Chromecast from the App Store.
- Make sure the Chromecast device is connected to the TV.
- Check that the iPad/iPhone and Chromecast device are all connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Steamer for Chromecast app after installation and select the Cast option.
- Your Chromecast device will appear on the device list click Connect on your iPad/iPhone.
- Select Screen Cast > Start Broadcasting and your iPad/iPhone should now appear on your TV screen.
- Start a Zoom call on your iPad/iPhone and the call will appear on your TV screen.
It is important to know that the free version of Zoom does not play sound from the TV and this is the same for similar video calling apps.
In this case, it is best to use the device you have used to cast with, as the audio, and the TV screen as the visual.