If you’ve ever encountered orange and blue lights blinking on your Belkin Router, then you will understand how frustrating this can be.
The lights displayed on your router indicate the power and connection status of your device. Flashing orange and blue lights means that there is no connectivity available on your Belkin Router.
The blinking orange and blue lights on your Belkin router isn’t a terribly worrying issue, however there can be numerous reasons behind it.
In this guide, we are going to take you through some simple steps to get your router up and running again.
How to fix a Belkin Router blinking orange and blue
Restarting the router
To begin, we will try restarting the router by taking the following steps:
- Switch off your modem for 60 seconds and then turn it back on
- Turn off the Belkin Router for 30 seconds and then switch it back on
You will need to wait up to two minutes after rebooting the router for the device to reset itself.
Make sure the firmware is up to date
If you’ve tried rebooting your Belkin Router and it’s still displaying a blinking orange and blue light, this could be a sign that you need to update your firmware.
Making sure your firmware is up to date is extremely important. You can find out how to update your firmware here.
If you find any updates we recommend updating it instantly.
Perform a factory reset
If you’re Belkin router still isn’t working, then as a last resort, you could try performing a factory reset.
You can reset your router by following these quick and easy steps:
- Press and hold the reset button on the back of your Belkin Router. Hold down for 60 seconds and then release.
- Wait up to 2 minutes for the router to reboot itself.
We hope that your router is now up and running successfully.
If you’re still seeing blinking orange or blue lights, then this could mean that your router has a hardware issue. If this is the case, you will need to contact the manufacturer to replace your device.
What do the Belkin router lights mean?
The lights on your Belkin Router each indicate a different circumstance.
- OFF: The router is switched off and not plugged in.
- Flashing blue / green / white: These lights will display when a router is starting up or rebooting.
- Solid blue / green / white: The router is successfully connected to the internet. These are the colours you should be seeing.
- Blinking orange: The router can not identify the modem. The modem could be switched off, not plugged into the router, or is faulty.