iPhone hotspot and Firestick connected with problems? Here’s a look at what has gone wrong and how to fix the issue.
The convenience of using an iPhone hotspot for internet connectivity is wonderful. But, when there are problems on the network this can be a huge disappointment.
For those who use a tethering hotspot, it’s often a temporary measure such as a fill-in while waiting for home Wi-Fi to be installed or as a last resort if the internet isn’t working.
There is no end of uses for an iPhone hotspot such as checking emails, streaming content and playing music. Devices such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick can even run off of an iPhone hotspot but let’s take a look at what to do should this not be as straightforward as it should be.
iPhone hotspot & Firestick connected with problems
If you’ve attempted to hook up your Firestick to the iPhone hotspot but receive an error message reading that the two are ‘connected with problems’, here’s what to do next.
- Restart both the devices. Turn the iPhone off and on again. Reboot the Firestick by unplugging from the power outlet and plugging in again.
- Ensure that both the iPhone and Fire TV device are fully up-to-date. To check the Firestick’s operating software navigate to Settings > My Fire TV > About. For iPhone OS updates head to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Before running through the steps below, ‘forget’ all networks on your Fire TV device.
On the Firestick, complete the following:
- Settings > Network > forget the connection.
- Connect to iPhone SSID > Enter password.
- Select ‘Advanced’ > Enter 172.20.10.4 as IP address.
- Set Gateway to 172.20.10.1 and prefix length to 28.
- Set the DNS to 18.104.22.168.
- Leave DNS2 blank > Connect.
Amazon Firestick Wi-Fi error
Whether using a hotspot or a regular Wi-Fi connection, there are many reasons why an Amazon Firestick can encounter connectivity issues.
Sometimes the Amazon Firestick may not be within Wi-Fi range, the Wi-Fi signal could simply not be strong enough or either device could be faulty.
Firstly, it’s always advisable to turn off and unplug both the internet router and the Amazon Firestick. This essentially reboots the system once both are plugged back in after five minutes and turned on.
If a reboot hasn’t corrected the issue, please check the following:
- Ensure that the Fire TV Stick isn’t stored in an enclosed space such as a cupboard.
- Only use the cables that came with your equipment.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi password has been input correctly.
- Try unplugging the Firestick from the TV while powered ‘on’. Plug the Firestick back in.
Next, alter the advanced internet settings. To do this go to Settings > Network > Forget your connection.
Connect to the home Wi-Fi > Enter password > ‘Advanced’.
Enter your Firestick’s IP address (this can be found via Settings > My Fire TV > About > Network).
In the DNS servers enter generic codes such as 22.214.171.124 and/or 126.96.36.199.
Amazon Firestick keeps losing internet connection 2020
Once an internet connection is established, it can be even more frustrating to lose it again.
Many Amazon Firestick users have had issues with internet connectivity in 2020.
To safeguard against the Firestick losing internet connection, why not invest in a Wi-Fi booster? Internet issues can arise from poor Wi-Fi signal. Always check that your devices are running on the latest software, too. Complete any software updates that are due.
A factory reset is often a last resort but can be used to correct issues with connectivity. In the case of the iPhone hotspot and Amazon Firestick not working. Factory reset the iPhone firstly and see if this corrects the issue. To factory reset the iPhone head to Settings > General > Reset.
How to connect Firestick to mobile hotspot
For most Amazon Firestick users, connecting to the home Wi-Fi router will be easy.
But, if you’re having to connect to a mobile hotspot, for one reason or another, things could seem more complex.
To connect a Firestick to a mobile hotspot, navigate to Settings > Network > Wireless hotspot (e.g. Jack’s iPhone) > Enter your password (this can be found on your smartphone mobile hotspot settings) > Select ‘connect’.
Amazon Firestick tethering
It’s absolutely possible to stream Firestick content via a mobile hotspot. However, the connection may be less reliable than that of a broadband router.
Using a mobile hotspot to watch Amazon Fire Stick content will also eat up a lot of your contract data allowance – so beware. Keep tabs on how much is being used.
It is more favourable to use a home Wi-Fi router along with a streaming stick, this will provide a more stable connection and, therefore, a better viewing experience.
|TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300||View on Amazon|
|NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX2700||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link RE200 AC750||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link TL-WA854RE||View on Amaozn|