Since 2006, Sky’s on-demand and live TV service, Sky Go, has been around. The app means that you can enjoy your favourite Sky TV shows on the go at no extra cost.
Whether you’re on a plane or catching the train, Sky Go is always available at just a click of a button.
However, even some of the best apps can have a glitch or two and Sky Go users have reported experiences of a lot of error codes.
Here’s what to do if you’re seeing the Sky error code ‘pfe 12000’…
Why does the Sky error code ‘pfe 12000’ happen?
There are a few reasons that the Sky Go error code ‘pfe 12000’ can occur.
- The error can be something to with your network connection. If you suspect that your internet connection is to blame then try turning off your wifi hub, wait a few minutes and then reconnect everything and try again.
- Your satellite signal connection could also be to blame for a Sky TV error code. If you’ve had bad weather recently or live in an area with lots of trees then these could cause problems when watching TV.
- You may just need to reset the app by uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Fix: Sky error code pfe 12000
The following steps should get your Sky Go error code fixed in no time.
- First, uninstall the Sky Go app from your device.
- Next, ‘forget’ your home wifi network.
- Now, shut down and unplug the Sky TV box. Wait a few minutes, then power up the Sky box again.
- Re-connect to the wifi. Now re-install the Sky Go app and everything should be in working order.
If you’re still experiencing issues with your digital device then don’t hesitate to contact Digi Helpdesk on 0800 433 7963.
Can Sky Go error codes be avoided?
Sky Go error codes can be avoided to a degree but there will be technical hitches when using all sorts of streaming services.
For the Sky TV app to work optimally you’ll need to have a good quality internet connection to start with as well any many other specs which can be found online here for various operating systems.
HAVING ISSUES WITH A TECHNICAL DEVICE? CALL DIGI HELPDESK TODAY ON 0800 433 7963.