Knowing how to update Humax Freesat channels is crucial if you want to get the most out of your Humax top-box – the question is, how do you do it?
Humax boxes are incredibly popular for those that want to enjoy Freeview channels in HD, with the benefit of recording and without a subscription payment.
Of course, with Freesat – or Freeview – channels are being added all the time, one of the factors that mean so many people are happy without package TV such as Sky Q.
But, to get the most out of this ever-growing list of free channels on Humax, you need to know how to update your top-box.
So, with that in mind, we’re going to look at how to update Humax Freesat channels, so you can get the most out of Freeview TV.
What Is the Humax Freesat Box?
The Humax Freesat box is a digital TV recorder that you can use to access Freeview channels on your TV.
Humax comes with access to over 190 free TV channels, including HD content and the ability to record multiple TV shows too.
What appeals to many people about Humax, is that it is completely subscription-free. Whilst many people are happy to pay for TV packages such as Sky Q, Humax provides only Freeview channels, meaning that once you pay for the box, that is it. All you need is a roof-top aerial to improve your signal and away you go.
Of course, as with any Freeview box, you need to manually update the channels on a Humax Freesat box.
So, let’s find out how to do it.
How to Update Humax Freesat Channels
You can update the channels on your Humax Freesat box in only a few minutes, using these steps:
- First, turn on your TV and Humax box as normal.
- Next, press ‘Menu’ on your Humax remote control, then ‘Settings’, and then ‘OK’.
- Here, you can select ‘Installation’ – this option will be unavailable if you are currently recording. If so, wait for your recording to finish and try again.
- When prompted for a password, enter ‘0 0 0 0’.
- Select ‘Auto Search’, then ‘OK’.
- Here, scroll down to ‘Search’ and select ‘OK’ again.
- Once the search is complete, the button on-screen will turn blue and read ‘Save’.
- Press ‘OK’ to save the search and then ‘Exit’.
- Wait one minute before entering the TV guide where you will now see your updated channels list.
So, there you have a step-by-step guide to update your Humax Freesat channels.
If you’re new to Humax, you might not be aware of the channels you can access on the Freesat box?
Let’s take a closer look at what channels are available through Humax.
What Channels Are on Humax Freesat?
Humax Freesat provides access to around 190 Freeview channels, all subscription-free. This includes around 25 HD channels too.
Of course, you have access to all the BBC and BBC HD channels, all ITV channels, all Channel 4, E4 and E4+1, CBS Drama, CBD Reality and Dave. You can also access popular reality TV channel Pick and Pick+1, Quest HD and Quest+1 too.
Not forgetting the kids’ options on Humax, which includes CBeebies, Pop, CITV, Pop Max and Tiny Pop too.
Are you new to Freesat TV? Find out if you can get Freeview on Amazon Firestick and make your TV setup even smarter!