Founded in 1997, Netflix is a streaming service everyone is familiar with. The TV series giant is synonymous with the dating world after the phrase ‘Netflix and Chill’ became a thing.
This year saw a brand new dating series hit our screens in the form of US show Love is Blind.
From Diamond and Carlton’s car crash of an engagement, to Lauren and Cameron’s picture-perfect wedding day, series 1 of Netflix social experiment Love is Blind really gave us some hardcore entertainment in 2020.
While some viewers were keeping their fingers, toes and everything else crossed for a second season purely for the entertainment, others were praying for a series 2 for a shot at ‘blindly’ finding love themselves.
As it turns out, we’re all in luck as not only has series 2 been announced, but they’re also casting for the show right now, too. So, let’s take a look at how to apply for Love is Blind series 2.
Love is Blind series 2: How to apply
Applying to take part in Love is Blind is much like any other TV show.
Head over to loveisblind.castingcrane.com where you’ll firstly need to input your birthday to confirm that you are over 21 years of age.
Then you’ll be taken to the application form page.
Come readily equipped with two photos (facial shot and body shot) of yourself as well as links to your Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages. Your Skype ID is also a required field, so we can imagine that should you be successful, you may be asked to an interview via Skype.
Love is Blind application form: Come prepared
After entering your name, age, date of birth, city and more, you’ll move onto the more difficult aspects of the Love is Blind application form.
Details on whether you’ve ever been married, divorced or separated are required as well as whether you have children.
Be prepared to get your thinking cap on as questions such as “Where are you currently meeting potential mates?”, “What are your deal breakers?” and “Why are you a good catch?” are part of the application.
Application tips for Love is Blind series 2
Of course, applying for anything can be a lengthy procedure. But, there’s one way to make the application both enjoyable for yourself and the casting team reading it. Any degree of fun that comes through in your application is more than likely going to make you stand out from the rest.
- Tidy up your social media and put across your best self.
- You have the opportunity to share two photos of yourself with the casting team. Make sure they’re taken well, in good lighting, and you could even include one that shows off your personality in some way.
- The application asks what your hobbies are, be brief but not boring in your answers. And don’t make anything up! Sure, we’d all love to be the next Tomb Raider but don’t write that you love rock climbing if really you’ve never done it.
- Be yourself. Let your personality come through in the application. One of the questions asks about your current dating life. If yours is a complete disaster then it’s OK to say so.
- Remember, anyone applying must be over 21 years old and can take three weeks off work to film the show. Also, we can assume that only people residing in the US can apply to be on the Netflix show as “State” is a required field.