In 2014 Amazon’s Fire TV Stick was released, with the later 4K version of the device coming out in 2018.
For £39.99 you can stream all kinds of content to your TV with ease. Plus, the most up-to-date Fire Sticks come with an Alexa-enabled remote control to make life even simpler.
Whether you’re expanding the capabilities of a new TV or fancy catapulting an older model into the 21st century, there are many reasons to purchase an Amazon Firestick.
The Amazon Fire TV Stick grants access to all our favourite TV catch-up channels such as ALL4 and the ITV Hub, as well as streaming services like Hayu and Netflix.
Here’s what you can do if you unplugged your Firestick and now it’s not working.
Unplugged FireStick, now not working
Now and again everyone needs to unplug the Amazon Firestick. You might have moved the living room around, thus moving the TV, or you might’ve been kind enough to lend the Firestick to a friend. Whatever the case, it’s been unplugged and the dongle isn’t working.
Let’s run through some steps to get the Fire TV Stick working again. With the Firestick still plugged into the TV, please follow the steps below.
- Turn everything off at the mains – TV and any consoles etc attached. Unplug the TV from the mains.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug the TV back into the wall socket. Turn everything back on. Wait for the TV to initialise.
- Now, attempt to turn on and open the Fire TV Stick home screen.
Hopefully, this has corrected the issue for you. However, if not, please complete the above steps without the Firestick plugged into the HDMI port.
- Then, once your TV is back on, please plug in the Fire TV Stick. Now, turn on and open the Fire TV Stick home screen.
Connect Echo to Fire TV Stick
Once the Firestick is working again, you may wish to connect to your Echo Dot.
To do this, please follow the next steps.
Fire TV > Settings > Controllers and Bluetooth Devices > Other Bluetooth Devices > Select Echo Dot.
Alternatively, if you’re yet to purchase an Echo Dot, why not invest in the smart speaker? With the Echo Dot, you can control all your home entertainment with your voice. Dim the lights, answer your mobile phone or put on a film without having to lift a finger!
Amazon Fire Stick has no power
If it seems that your Amazon Firestick isn’t receiving power, always check the physical connection.
The Firestick slots into the HDMI port, so ensure that it is correctly connected and that the HDMI port isn’t showing any signs of damage.
If the connection looks fine, please follow the steps outlined above in the ‘Unplugged FireStick, now not working’ section.
Amazon Fire Stick: Black screen
When trying to watch TV via a Firestick, it can be very disconcerting to see a black screen.
The best thing to do in this case is to follow the steps outlined above.
Besides the previous steps, a very simple fix is to alter the ‘AV’ or ‘INPUT’ on your TV. To do this, locate either of these buttons on your TV remote control and click until you see the Amazon Fire TV screen.
It’s always worth checking the Wi-Fi connection. If there’s no internet connection, the Firestick won’t work.
- Turn off the internet router at the plug.
- Unplug the hub and wait a few minutes.
- Then, plug the router back in, turn on and wait for it to reboot.
- Try using the Firestick again. The issue should be resolved.
Using the remote control, you can attempt to restart the Firestick if it seems non-responsive.
- Long-press ‘Select’ and ‘Play’ or ‘Pause’ for a few moments, you should see the Firestick restarting.
- Alternatively, navigate to ‘settings’ on your TV > Device > Restart Fire TV menu.
Expand your Smart home features even further with the all-new Echo Dot
The most popular Echo Dot is now even BETTER…