Online dating can be frustrating at the best of times, with ghosting, catfishing and a lack of chemistry being key issues. However, your Tinder might have problems of its own, like when Tinder won’t show matches.
Errors on the site occur, and if you are looking to fix these issues, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve rounded up some ways to troubleshoot your app and how to get it up and running again.
Why won’t Tinder show me my matches
If your matches are loading indefinitely on Tinder, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try, these are:
- Ensure your internet connection works- try switching between mobile data and wifi and see if it works on either. When using your mobile data, if Tinder then works, there may be issues with your Wi-Fi. If you’re looking to fix this, here are the steps you need to take to stop your wifi from disconnecting.
- If there are no issues with your internet, the following troubleshooting method is to delete and reinstall the app. Not only will this make sure you’re using the most up-to-date version, but it also will refresh your app and get it up and running again.
- If you are using Tinder for iOS or Android, try using the web application instead.
If none of these methods fixes your Tinder matches loading indefinitely, then the servers may be down. Tinder asks users to be patient with them if this is the case.
Does Tinder have a support phone number?
Tinder advises that they do not offer phone support at this time. However, they do provide online support through their FAQ pages and support center.
Is Tinder broken?
It may be the case that Tinder is currently down. This tends to happen if a server is overloaded. However, it is pretty rare that Tinder goes down. If you’re interested in discovering whether Tinder is down or experiencing any significant issues, you can find out more via Is The Service Down.
My Tinder messages aren’t working on iPhone
If you’re unable to access your Tinder messages on your iPhone, this may be due to the version of the app you’re using. With outdated apps being unable to function correctly. The bugs from previous versions may be stopping different parts of the app from working. If your app is fully up to date, and you still can’t get your messages, here are some ways to fix the error:
- Close down the app entirely, allow a few seconds and then try reopening it.
- Restart your phone – sometimes, the old data might not be removed after an update; however, shutting your phone down should close all open processes.
- Fully delete the app from your device, hold the app down, press the x in the corner and delete. Then head to the app store and re-download it.
- Try switching to mobile data instead of wifi – some public places block dating sites from being accessed. Therefore if you’re attempting to access this in public, it won’t work via the wifi. However, if you’re at home, trying to get your messages to load on Tinder, switch to 3G/4G and then turn your wifi back on. If it’s working, you will see the signal symbol on the top right of your device.
Can I delete a message on Tinder?
You cannot delete individual messages on Tinder. However, you can remove threads with users by unmatching them. When you unmatch them, you’ll disappear from their matches, and they will disappear from yours. This stops any further communication.
Tinder says I have a message but I don’t
There are a few different reasons you may get a notification from Tinder, such as a new match, a message and updates on the feed. Tinder can send out a lot of notifications, but also you can find them within the app. You may get a red dot next to messages when you have a new text, match, or message. However, due to it being next to messages, it can often be confused as a message. However, you will also get notified/get a red dot next to ‘messages’ to show you have unread messages.
Although messages don’t always appear instantly if you close the app or refresh the screen if you don’t have a message pop up, it may be due to one of the issues above.
Another reason why your Tinder message may not be showing is that the profile is deactivated or you are unmatched.
Tinder is stuck on the loading screen.
If your Tinder gets stuck before the login and all you see is a flame, we’d recommend deleting the app and reinstalling it after a few minutes. This way, you’re making sure all of the updates are completed. However, in theory, this should fix your login issue if you’re still having this issue and require further guidance. You can contact Tinder support here.
Does my Tinder have a bug?
If your Tinder has issues, such as Tinder won’t show matches, it’s worth looking into the version you are using and if it is the latest one. Also, by searching your error on Google, you may find others with similar issues.