It’s probably safe to say that of all the messages you want your Sky TV to display, “Sky diskless mode” is not one of them.
The bad news – having a Sky box stuck in diskless mode can indicate a problem with the box’s hard drive.
However, the good news is that there are some solutions for a diskless mode issue.
Take note that this issue often occurs after a system update – have you updated your box recently?
Here are three ways to get your Sky box out of diskless mode…
Attempt a Sky box restart
If you haven’t tried it already, then now’s the time to attempt a Sky box restart to get your box out of diskless mode. Please follow the steps below:
- Turn your Sky box off with the remote control and then unplug it from the mains.
- Wait a few minutes and then plug your box back in.
- Now switch everything back on but don’t use the remote just yet.
- Wait five minutes before turning on your Sky box with the remote control.
- Now, your box should be running as normal, but if not then give the solutions below a go.
Complete a Sky planner rebuild
The next option is to complete a Sky planner rebuild. Hopefully, this will solve your diskless mode issue as it means that you can still keep all your recordings.
- Click ‘services’ on your Sky remote.
- Now, scroll to the ‘help’ box and then press ‘select’.
- Then scroll across to ‘Sky+ rebuild’ and press ‘select’ again.
- You’ll now get a message that lets you know the rebuild will take a few minutes to complete.
- Now, you should see a ‘Housekeeping. Please Wait’ message.
- Your screen should now go blank. Wait for a few minutes then press the ‘Sky’ button on your remote.
- Finally, your planner should now be rebuilt and your channels and recordings working as normal.
Try a Sky system reset
Lastly, you can always try a system reset on your Sky TV box.
The only issue with a system reset is that you will lose all of your recordings.
But, if you’re all out of options, a system reset is a great way to get things back up and running.
- With your Sky TV remote control press ‘0-0-1’ and then ‘select’.
- Now you have access to the ‘installers menu’, navigate across to the tab labelled ‘sys reset’.
- Click ‘select’ again, note: This will factory reset your box completely. All of your recordings, favourite channels and series linked will be recorded once you select ‘sys reset’.
- You should now see the ‘Housekeeping, please wait’ notice and then your box will shut down and reboot itself.
- Now your box has been factory reset it should be working perfectly.