The LG G2 is a popular phone but like all phones, the battery can start draining too fast if you use it as much as most of us do, even the most durable batteries suffer at some point.
When out and about, there’s nothing worse than when your phone dies. Let’s face it, we’re all pretty dependent on our phones these days, from using Google Maps to paying for your train ticket, they’re very much needed.
On average, most people buy a new phone once every two years but with our advice, hopefully, you’ll be able to extend the life of your LG G2 and save some cash.
Luckily there are some things you can do if the charge of your phone has suddenly stopped lasting as long. It’s likely to be a hardware issue that could be solved.
Make sure to read through the guide carefully and if your battery is still suffering and you need to make a new purchase, we’ve found some phones with the most durable battery life on the market…
Check your phone’s hardware to determine the issue
Let’s take a look at your phone’s hardware as a starting point to solve the problem…
- Try booting up your phone in safe mode to check if there are problems with the hardware you might not be aware of.
- Hold down the power button and then hold the power off option, choose the “Reboot to safe mode” option, pressing OK. Your phone will then restart and start up again in safe mode.
- If your battery still drains fast then you can rule out any hardware issues, if the battery still drains fast the problem is likely related to core services or pre-installed applications.
- If the battery issue seems to stabilise in safe mode then you can blame third party apps, in either case, a factory reset is the easiest way to handle the issue.
How to factory reset your LG G2 phone in three steps
If you’ve gone into safe mode and found the problem then you can follow these steps to factory reset your phone. Make sure to back up any important data before you do this!
- Go to the system settings from the menu and select “General”, then scroll down to find “Personal.”
- Choose “Back Up”, “Reset” and then select “Factory Data Reset.”
- Now press “Reset Phone” and then the “Erase Everything” button.
Once the factory reset has gone through, your problem should be resolved. However, if you’re still having problems call Digi Helpdesk free today for assistance on 0800 433 7963. Alternatively, you can message us via our Facebook page.
Great phone deals if you want a phone with a more durable battery
If the draining battery has become too much and you’re contemplating getting a new phone, here are some great deals on phones that offer great battery life.
The Motorola Moto G7 only comes in at £179 and ranks at the top of most battery life reviews.
A lesser-known brand, the Vivo Nex 3, costs about £570 but you get an amazing 13 hours of usage.
The Oppo A9 comes with a huge battery (33 hours talk time) and impressive specifications for just £220.