Launched in 2005, Sony Bravia TVs come with many different specs and in a variation of sizes to suit all sorts of people.
Whether you’re opting for a TV to see you through university, fancy tuning into the cooking channel while you make dinner in the kitchen, or simply want to upgrade the family’s home entertainment system, the Bravia brand has something for everyone.
And although Sony and Bravia are two hugely popular brands, all kinds of electronics can encounter errors from time to time. Sometimes even brand new TVs can be toggled to a bizarre setting.
So, let’s take a look at how to turn off e-POP on a Sony Bravia television.
What is an e-POP?
In regard to e-POPs on Sony TVs, it’s basically a pop-up banner that shows on the television screen.
Understandably, there are a huge amount of Sony Bravia TV owners that would prefer to watch their favourite shows without interruption of a pop-up.
However, banner display and e-POPs are two different things, if you wish to remove banner display on your Sony TV then please follow these steps using your Sony TV remote control:
Home > Settings > Preferences > Set-up > Info Banner > choose ‘Hidden’.
Turn off Sony Bravia e-POPs
Removing e-POPs from your Sony TV screen should be simple. By following the steps below, you should be able to view your television screen banner-free.
However, if you experience any issues, please contact Digi Helpdesk on freephone 0800 433 7963 today for further assistance.
- Using the Sony Bravia remote control, press ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’. Now, you should see the Home screen.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ > select ‘Setup’ > ‘Initial Setup’.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted to select a ‘viewing environment’ please choose ‘Home’ rather than ‘store’.
My Sony Bravia TV is stuck in demo mode: No remote control
More often than not, a TV showing e-POPs is set to ‘store’ or ‘demo’ mode.
If the previous steps didn’t manage to get your Sony Bravia TV out of demo mode, please continue with the alternative steps below.
- Locate the ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ button on the back or side of your television.
- Long-press this button on the TV for around 20 seconds.
- Now, a message should appear reading: “Demo mode: Off”.
Holding the ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ button on my TV didn’t work
If long-pressing the ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ button didn’t get your Sony Bravia TV out of demo mode, please try the following steps.
- Locate the ‘Ch’ or ‘Input’ button on the TV.
- Long-press this button for at least 20 seconds.
- Now, the message “Demo mode: Off” should appear on the screen.
As a last resort, you may wish to reset your TV back to factory settings, to do this please see this guide from Sony.