If you’ve just subscribed to Disney+ and can’t wait to get started watching all the Marvel movies in order but find that your Toshiba TV doesn’t seem to work – don’t panic.
The Disney+ app was released in the UK in March 2020 and while it’s available on a huge variety of devices, there are some customers who have had difficulty getting the app up and running.
Buying a Toshiba TV is certainly a cost-effective choice, often providing budget TVs with Smart capabilities, it’s hard to criticize any Toshiba model.
Let’s take a look at using a Toshiba TV to Chromecast Disney Plus.
Is Toshiba Chromecast TV compatible with Disney Plus?
Yes, the Google Chromecast is compatible with Disney+. And, if you’re using a Toshiba TV with built-in Chromecast, the same applies.
Toshiba TVs aren’t listed as a compatible device on the Disney+ website, however, because they usually run on Android or Fire TV software, they can support Disney+.
You can Chromecast Disney+ from iOS, Android and Google Chrome Web browser.
Disney+ will function on a Google Chromecast (Version 1 onwards), Google Nest Hub and Google Nest Hub Max, Android TV devices and Vizio Smart TVs (with built-in Chromecast).
To find and install the Disney+ app on your Toshiba TV, please follow the steps below.
TV menu > Apps > Store/Google Play Store > Disney+
Disney+ Chromecast not working on Toshiba TV?
We’ve established that the Disney+ Android App is supported on Android TV-enabled Smart TVs. So, whether you have a separate Chromecast device or use built-in Chromecast, there are some requirements everyone will need to ensure that Disney+ content runs correctly.
- You’ll need a high-speed Internet connection.
- Android OS version 5.0 (Lollipop) onwards.
- High-quality HDMI cable.
The following broadband speeds are recommended by Disney.
- 5.0 Mbps for High Definition content.
- 25.0 Mbps for 4K UHD content.
If Disney+ isn’t working with Chromecast, let’s take a look at setting up the Chromecast facility on your TV. The steps below will ensure that Chromecast is configured correctly.
- Download and open the Disney+ app.
- Choose the Disney+ content you want to watch.
- Press ‘Play’ on the remote control.
- Navigate to and click the Chromecast icon (top of screen).
- Choose your streaming device from the list.
- The Chromecast icon will change colour when connected.
If you’re still having trouble using Chromecast to watch Disney+ on your Toshiba TV, please check the following.
- Check the OS that you’re running on, all devices involved need to be updated to the latest software to work optimally.
- Chromecast and Toshiba TV both have to be using the same Wi-Fi network.
- Is the Google Home app installed on your mobile device? If not, download it from the Apple App or Google Play Store.
- Ensure the Chromecast device and TV are connected to each other.
|TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300||View on Amazon|
|NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX2700||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link RE200 AC750||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link TL-WA854RE||View on Amaozn|
How to update Chromecast on Toshiba TV
If you’re experiencing issues with Chromecast on your Toshiba TV, you may need to complete a software update.
To do this, please follow the below steps using your remote control after connecting the TV to the Wi-Fi network.
Menu > Get Help > Enter > Software Upgrade > Enter > Follow on-screen instructions.
Chromecast updates should take place automatically, however, you can take a look at whether an update is required.
To check if your Chromecast OS needs updating, navigate to the ‘cog’ icon on the Google Home app on your mobile device. Then, follow the next steps.
Your device > Settings > Scroll to bottom > Cast firmware version.
To see a list of the current Chromecast firmware versions from Google, please click here.