Millions of people in the UK watch the digital TV service that is Freeview.
Access to all your favourite channels without the subscription – who wouldn’t want that?
But sometimes Freeview makes a few changes here and there, so here’s everything you need to know about the Freeview retune dates 2019…
Freeview retune dates 2019 – When are they?
Every so often Freeview has to make some changes.
So, be sure to check your signal from February to September – a retune of your equipment may be needed.
Check your signal and channels every few days, so you can always tune into your favourite programmes.
Changes will take place all over the country.
With Creetown, Scotland first on the list in February 2019 followed by the Channel Islands, South Devon, and Torbay in March.
If you want to see an extensive list of the dates and areas of the Freeview retune dates in 2019, you can find that here.
If you want more information on the retune dates but do not know who to call be sure to contact Digi Helpdesk on 0800 433 7963.
How to retune TV with built in Freeview
The good news is retuning your TV with built-in Freeview could not be easier.
Here’s how to retune your Freeview TV in seven easy steps.
- First off, grab your remote control.
- Now, turn on your Set Top box or Freeview television, select the digital mode by pressing ‘DTV’ on the remote control.
- Next, access the menu by pressing ‘menu’ on the remote, you should see an icon saying ‘installation’, this is normally represented by a toolbox or spanner.
- The options displayed may vary, depending on the model of TV you own but you need to find the ‘retune option’.
- Your TV will now prompt you to delete all your channels, now press ‘OK’.
- Now the Freeview channel installation can begin.
- Your television will shut down and restart, this may take around a minute.
If you have any issues with tuning or need to carry out a manual retune contact Digi Helpdesk and we can assist you with this.
Can I get Freeview in my area?
Freeview is only available if you have a TV aerial installed. You can check whether Freeview is available in your area here.
You can get Freeview pre-installed on many Smart TVs, alternatively, you can buy a Set Top box.
Freeview offers over 70 channels including BBC One and Two, ITV, Channel 4, 4Music and over 30 radio stations.