The modern-day electronics market is booming with a variety of different brand names. And while some are instantly recognisable such as LG or Samsung, others you may not have heard of.
Vizio is an electronics brand established in 2002. The company sells TVs as its primary product, but they also offer home cinema systems, soundbars and more.
If you’re looking for a budget TV, Vizio could be the go-to brand. Alternatively, you may already be the owner of a Vizio television. If so, you’ll be familiar with the Smart TV applications – one of which is Netflix.
So, here’s what to do if Netflix freezes on a Vizio Smart TV.
Netflix freezes on Vizio Smart TV
If you’re trying to watch Netflix on your Vizio Smart TV but the app keeps freezing, please follow the steps below.
- If the app freezes on launching, sign out of Netflix.
- Restart your Vizio TV. Switch the TV off at the wall, unplug from the mains. Wait around a minute. Then plug everything back in. Switch on and re-open the Netflix app.
- Sign back in and the app should run correctly.
Alternatively, the issue could be to do with connectivity. Please follow the steps below using the Vizio remote control if you’re still experiencing freezing issues with Netflix. Firstly, let’s check the Wi-Fi strength.
- Menu > Network > OK > Test Connection > OK.
If you now see the message: “Download not available”, this means that there is no internet connection. From here, you’ll need to reboot your home broadband router. After the router has been reset, check the internet speed again.
- From the internet speed test, you’re looking to see a connection speed of 1000 kbps+. This means it is fast enough to run the Netflix app.
- Should the test reveal that your internet speed is less than 1000 kbps, the Netflix freezing issue could definitely be related to a bad internet connection.
- Contact your internet service provider to query non-existent or slow internet speeds.
- If you’re connecting the TV to the internet for the first time, please follow the steps below using the remote control.
Menu > Network > Select Wi-Fi > OK.
How to get Netflix on older Vizio TV
The Netflix app is accessible on Vizio TVs in the US and Canada.
You may have previously been able to use the Netflix app on your Vizio TV but now can’t seem to find it. If this is the case, the software has been updated, and, unfortunately, if the TV is too old, Netflix won’t be compatible with it any longer.
Models of Vizio Smart TVs manufactured in 2014 or earlier will encounter this issue.
There are ways to work around this issue. You can purchase an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Roku streaming stick to access the Netflix app. Alternatively, an Apple TV box or Digi box can also provide the app.
Order a Roku Express HD Media Streaming Player for under £35 today
Sign out of, or change, Netflix profile on Vizio Smart TV
Sometimes you’ll need to sign out of Netflix on your Vizio TV. To do this, please follow the sequence below using the remote control.
- Up x2 > Down x2 > Left > Right > Left > Right > Up x 4
- Then, click ‘Sign Out’ > choose ‘Start Over’ or ‘Deactivate’.
Vizio TV apps not showing up
If you’ve checked your internet connection is running fine but your TV apps aren’t showing up, you may need to reset the TV entirely.
Before factory resetting your TV, please ensure that you’re running on the latest software, are connected to home broadband and have attempted to hard reset of the system. Once a factory reset is completed, the TV will be wiped clean as it was when you first purchased it. Afterwards, you’ll need to download all your apps again.
You can do this by completing the following steps using the TV remote control:
Menu > Settings > Reset and Admin > Reset TV to Factory Defaults
How to get Netflix on Vizio Smart TV with universal remote
If you’re setting up Netflix on your Vizio TV using a universal remote control, please run through the steps below.
Click Vizio Internet Apps button > Select Netflix > OK > Sign In/Yes
If you’re not yet subscribing to Netflix, you’ll now need to set up your membership.
To activate your account, enter the code which appears on-screen at netflix.com/activate.