If your TalkTalk router is not connecting to the internet it can totally ruin a day working from home. Here’s a look at what to do if your broadband connection isn’t working as it should.
TalkTalk is a globally recognized telecoms company. Established in the UK in 2013, TalkTalk provides subscribers all over the country with broadband, TV and mobile phone contracts.
It’s one of the most popular broadband subscription services however, as with many companies, Wi-Fi connectivity can peak and trough. Here’s a look at what you can do if your TalkTalk router is not connecting to the internet.
TalkTalk router not connecting to the internet
If you attempt to use your home Wi-Fi to find that the TalkTalk router is not connecting to the internet. Here are some troubleshooting tips to get the issue fixed.
- Firstly, reboot the TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub.
- Check the TalkTalk status page online. If there is a problem in your area, it will show on this page.
- If you have an ethernet cable, try connecting your device to the internet via cable rather than wirelessly to see if this fixes the problem.
- Is the router connected to your master socket rather than an extension socket? See TalkTalk’s guide on master sockets.
- Check all the cables and ensure that the set-up of the TalkTalk hub is correct. If your set-up includes microfilters, check that they are attached correctly according to TalkTalk’s directions.
TalkTalk hub “connected but no internet”
If when connecting to the hub, you’re presented with a message reading “connected but no internet”, you may need to check the lights on the device.
- A red internet light on a TalkTalk hub means that it may be processing a software update. In this case, wait five minutes then restart the hub.
- If the broadband light is flashing green or off, check all the cables as outlined above and restart the hub.
- You can also check the service status for your area using the link above.
To hard reset your TalkTalk hub, turn it off at the wall, wait five to 10 minutes, then turn it back on again and wait for the system to reboot.
The issue could also lie with the device you’re using, so try ‘forgetting’ the connection on your device, then rejoin the network and enter the passcode.
My TalkTalk internet is not working at night
In the instance that the internet isn’t working for specific periods of the day, for example at nighttime, there may be a variety of reasons for this.
If the Wi-Fi signal seems to dip in and out once it hits the evening, you may need to install a Wi-Fi extender. A booster will eliminate blackspots around the home and ensure that your connection runs smoothly.
However, if the issue seems to occur between certain hours at night, such as between 12 and 1 am, try setting your routers DNS servers to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124, reset it and try again. Alternatively, you can use Google DNS servers: 8.8. 8.8 and/or 8.8. 4.4.
As outlined by TalkTalk, the internet connection going down at night is due to a configuration fault. The network issue is said to now be resolved following some changes made by their Network Engineers.
|TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300||View on Amazon|
|NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender EX2700||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link RE200 AC750||View on Amazon|
|TP-Link TL-WA854RE||View on Amaozn|