Are you curious how you can get Disney Plus on your older Samsung TV? Have you purchased the Disney+ subscription but don’t know what to do next? Don’t worry; This guide will show you why you can’t find the Disney Plus app on your smart TV and how to add the streaming service to it.
Like Netflix and Amazon Prime, Disney Plus is a streaming video service offered through a subscription and is available to the residents of 53 countries for now. Since the launch of Disney’s app for smart TVs in November 2019, the company has seen exponential growth in subscribers.
However, a few people who have an older Samsung TV wonder whether they can avail the Disney Plus Service. If you are one of those people, you are in the right place to find out if it’s possible to stream the Disney Plus content on your smart TV and what to do if that’s not the case.
Why can’t I find Disney Plus on my Samsung Smart TV?
Disney Plus works with most Samsung TV models that were released in 2016 or later. It is because you can’t get Disney+ on Samsung TV models that run on an older Orsay operating system or the built-in web browser. The streaming app can only work on the Samsung TVs that use Tizen OS.
Samsung has a complete list of smart TVs that are compatible with the Disney Plus streaming service. Alternatively, you can download the Smarthings on your Samsung phone or tablet. Afterwards, allow sharing and select SmartView to run Disney+ content on your TV.
Does my Samsung TV support Disney Plus?
So you have an older Samsung TV but want to know if you can stream Disney Plus content on it? Instead of spending hours surfing through the community forums and browsing websites, there is an easier way to find it out.
- Grab the Samsung provided TV remote and press the Menu button to go to the main dashboard.
- Now go to the Apps section on your older Samsung TV home screen.
- Use the remote controller button to choose the Search option in the top right or top left corner of the apps menu.
- Search for the Disney+ app by using the on-screen keyboard and then press the Enter button.
- If the Disney Plus app shows up in the search result, choose the Install option to get the app on your older Samsung TV.
- If the Disney Plus app does not appear in the search box, your Samsung TV is not compatible with the app, or Disney+ is unavailable for viewing in your region.
How do I add Disney Plus to my older smart TV?
If you have an older Samsung smart TV that’s not compatible with the Disney Plus app, you can still enjoy the Disney Plus on it.
Rather than buying a completely new Samsung TV, you may need to spend a little money to get an external device such as Roku, Apple TV or Amazon Firestick. These streaming devices support the Disney+ app and need a stable internet connection to operate flawlessly.
To get Disney Plus on Roku:
- Turn on your Samsung TV set and Plug the Roku streaming device into your TV’s HDMI port.
- Press the Home button on the supplied Roku remote and choose Streaming channels from the menu on the left menu to bring up the channel store.
- Enter the Disney Plus keyword in the search field and then select the app.
- Next, press the Add Channel button and navigate back to the Home Screen.
- Finally, select Disney+ from the Home screen and log in with your credentials.
You can connect an Amazon Firestick to your TV and get Disney Plus in the following way.
- Insert Amazon Firestick into the HDMI Port.
- Next, use the voice feature on the supplied remote and clearly say “Disney Plus app”.
- When Disney Plus shows up on the TV screen, select and download the app.
- Alternatively, press the Home button on the Amazon Firestick remote.
- Navigate to the app section in the menu and choose the Disney Plus app to download and install it.
- Log in with your Disney Plus credentials.
When the Disney plus app is successfully installed on the streaming device of your choosing, use your older Samsung TV remote to press the HDMI button. Afterwards, select the Disney app from the device’s channel list and enjoy your favourite Disney programs.
How do I connect my Chromecast to a Samsung TV?
Not a fan of Roku, Firestick, or Apple TV, but want to access the Disney+ content on your older Samsung TV? Another cheap and quick way to do it is to use Google Chromecast.
Refer to the following steps to find out how to connect your Chromecast to an older Samsung TV.
- Plug your Chromecast into your Samsung TV’s HDMI port.
- Next, plug one end of the USB cable into the Chromecast and the other end into a wall adapter.
- Plug the wall adapter into the wall and turn on your Samsung TV.
- Now use the TV remote to select the same HDMI port that your Chromecast is plugged in.
- Connect your Chromecast and Smartphone/tablet to the same WiFi connection and set up the device.
- Download the Disney Plus app on your Android/iPhone smartphone or tablet/iPad.
- Open the Disney+ app on your and use your credentials to sign in.
- Tap the cast icon on the top right side to open up a list of available devices for casting.
- Select your older Samsung TV device from the list.
- Finally, choose a video and press play to cast the Dinsey content.
Hopefully, this guide helped you figure out why you don’t see the Disney Plus app on your older Samsung TV. If you have purchased the Disney Plus subscription and your TV doesn’t support the app, you don’t need to buy a newer Samsung TV model. Chromecast and streaming devices are great alternatives to get the Disney+ programmes on your existing TV set.